Higher Sports is a practical resource to equip any church in any country make a difference in its community with the life changing message of Jesus. The coaching module and the teaching packages are designed in such a way as to enable church personnel to run them without any external help.
Higher Sports is a 6-8 week course for churches and schools involving sports coaching and games together with Christian based teaching. The material for each of these three resources (rugby, football and games) allows for an hour of coaching followed by a ‘team talk’. The drills and coaching skills are clearly set out in the Higher Sports manuals with accompanying diagrams, teaching points and progressions. The implementation of these do not require the Coach to be qualified in the sport but rather to have an enthusiasm and enjoyment for working with young people in the sporting arena.
The resource bag contains all that is necessary to action the coaching and the teaching sessions and allows for Higher Sports to be presented in many forms:
- As a course lasting several weeks culminating in an Awards Ceremony with a guest speaker from the sporting world
- As a sports clinic week
- Part of a summer camp programme
- As the basis of Church’s Holiday Week programme
- Integral part of a school’s Physical Education programme with provision to include delivery of key stage 2 values within the classroom environment
- Inclusion in a school’s Religious Education programme with extended studies of the ‘team talk’ material