Planning is an essential part to a successful event. It is essential that you allow plenty of time to get everything in place before undertaking a Higher Sports course. By so doing you can impact your local community in a life changing way and build up long lasting relationships.
- Make the ‘Higher Sports’ initiative a real area for prayer
- Bring your plans to the attention of the Church and its leadership and put a core team together. In the case of a school be sure to consult with your Headteacher and see how the course best delivers the National Curriculum and Key Stage 2
- Consider how to promote the 8 week course:
- Personal invitation
- Letter to parents
- Flyer drop
- Partnership with local schools
- Advertise in the local paper
- Appoint sufficient coaches to handle the numbers on the course. If required hold a training session for prospective coaches. However, previous coaching experience is not required since the coaching manual explains all the drills and games.
- Arrange for all your coaching team to be CRB checked (Criminal Records Bureau) and have a Child Protection Policy in place.
- When you are ‘good for go’ visit the REGISTRATION page to record all your details and order the amount of equipment you need. All the coaching exercises and the accompanying devotionals are contained within the manual enclosed.
- Be sure to keep us up to speed with the progress of your ‘Higher Sports’ course and don’t hesitate to contact us if we can be of further
Example planning documents
To see an example of a planning document, download the sample below.Download a sample of the Higher Games planning document >>